Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The little things

When I was a kid I was terrified of dying. I would have nightmares 

that I got in a terrible accident

 and I would wake up sick to my stomach. I think I was so scared of 

death because I felt like I hadn't 

experienced it all I NEEDED to go skydiving, scuba diving, The 

Kristen Bridges life! I couldn't 

possibly die yet there was so much to do! But now almost ten years 

later i've learned it's all about the 

little things.


The note that someone left on my car.

When my sister makes me breakfast on a school day cause she knows I 

just wanted five more minutes of sleep.

my grandpa making me play chess with him cause the smile he gets

when I lost. 

Some good ole Horchata.

When my dad came to my game.

The late night conversations.

The phrase "whammy cablammy." 

The sunday when we talk about how crazy saturday was.



I would take all the little things over skydiving any day. Theres 

just something about them that mean more. When I'm old I want to 

remember the little things. And the people with me to experience 

them with me.

5 comments:

  1. The idea behind this post is way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little things are important. I liked reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant post. These small things are huge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Theres just something about them that mean more." this was a great line. i loved this post

    ReplyDelete